Scientific and (Regulatory) Medical Writing, Consulting in Non-Clinical and Early Clinical Anticancer Drug Development
Consultant, Hendriks Pharmaceutical Consulting
Purmerend, The Netherlands
English, Dutch, German
Services offered worldwide
Call me: +31 (0)299 413 005
- Scientific and (Regulatory) Medical writng (Oncology, Inflammatory Diseases)
- Consulting in anticancer drug development
Hans Hendriks, Ph.D., held positions in Cell Biology and Immunology at the Vrije Universiteit (Amsterdam, The Netherlands). After 17 years he joined the New Drug Development Office (now part of INC Research), Europe’s foremost oncology Contract Research Organisation (Amsterdam, The Netherlands), gaining 12 years experience leading international drug discovery and development collaborations. In addition, he served in various drug development and drug evaluation committees of the EORTC, Cancer Research UK and US National Cancer Institute, and held for 8 years a position in the Executive Board of the EORTC Biological Therapeutics Development Group.
He established Hendriks Pharmaceutical Consulting January 2000, an independent consultancy company providing services to SMEs and biotechs in Oncology R&D. He is co-founder of the Cancer Drug Development Forum (CDDF, formerly knowns as Biot
He was successful in bringing the telomere targeting agent KML001 from early stage preclinical research to Phase I clinical studies (CCR 2008;14:4593-602) and is co-inventor of a US patent application (2009).
Postdoc Erasmus University, Rotterdam, 1983-1985
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, PhD Sciences, 1974–1981
Universiteit van Amsterdam, MSc Biology, 1968–1974
17 years academic research and teaching in Cell Biology and Immunology
12 years preclinical R&D at oncology CRO
since 2000 independent consultant
Areas of Expertise:
Non- and Early Clinical Development, R&D Strategies, Scientific and Medical Writing
- Regulatory medical writing via CRO for a global pharmaceutical company on immunotherapeutic substances,
- Writing of Investigator Brochures, reports on in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies for SMEs and CROs, and summaries of meetings of a platform involved in the development of cancer drugs,
- Writing of papers for scientific journals, e.g. on innovative oncology trial design, the role of pharmacology in anticancer drug development, and pharmacogenomics characterisation of a targeted agent,
- Consulting in non-clinical development of oncology therapeutic agents for a global healthcare company, and the non-clinical and early clinical development of an arsenic anticancer drug of an SME,
- Due diligence support - evaluating potential anticancer drugs
- Coaching of a Max-Delbruck Centre-funded project,
- Review of Eurostars, ERC, ESF and BIH grant proposals,
- Review of manuscripts for scientific journals.
- Vincent Vuaroqueaux, Hans Hendriks, Hoor Al-Hasani, Anne-Lise Peille, Samayita Das, and Heinz-Herbert Fiebig. Pharmacogenomics characterization of the MDM2 inhibitor MI-773 reveals candidate tumours and predictive biomarkers. npj Precision Oncology 2021;5(1):96. https://doi.org/1038/s41698-021-00235-7
- Verweij J, Hendriks HR, Zwierzina H, on behalf of the Cancer Drug Development Forum. Innovation in Oncology Clinical Trial Design. Cancer Treatment Reviews 2019;74:15-20, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctrv.2019.01.001
- Peters GJ, Govaerts A-S, Hendriks HR, for the EORTC-PAMM group. The Role of Pharmacology in Anticancer Drug Development. ADMET & DMPK 2018;6:4-14
- Hendriks et al, Pharmacologically directed strategies in academic anticancer drug discovery based on the European NCI compounds inititative, British Journal of Cancer 2017;117:195-202
- Quandt et al, Implementing liquid biopsies into clinical decision making for cancer immunotherapy, Oncotarget 2017;8:48507-48520
- Phillips et al, Efficacy, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation of apaziquone in the treatment of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer, Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism &Toxicology 2017;13:783-791
Recent Invited lectures
- Hendriks HR. Preclinical drug development in oncology. Educational lecture, Finnish prclinical CRO, December 2019
- Hendriks HR. Drug development, after the NCI-compounds initiative. Educational course: preclinical and early-phase clinical pharmacology. 40th EORTC-PAMM Winter meeting, Verona, 6 February, 2019.
- Hendriks HR. New Types of Clinical Studies. Educational course: Preclinical and early-phase clinical pharmacology. 40th EORTC-PAMM Winter meeting, Verona, 6 February, 2019.
- Hendriks HR. Pharmacology directed strategies in anticancer drug development, a viable approach for academia? Turku Cancer Research Society & Western Cancer Centre FICAN West, Cancer Seminar Series, Turku, Finland, 4 September 2018.