None- and Early Clinical Development, R&D Strategies, Scientific and Medical Writing
Consultant, Hendriks Pharmaceutical Consulting
Purmerend, The Netherlands
English, Dutch, German
Services offered worldwide
Call me: +31 (0)299 413 005
- Scientific and Medical writng (Oncology, Inflamatory Diseases)
- Design and management of anticancer drug development projects
Hans Hendriks, Ph.D., held positions in Cell Biology and Immunology at the Vrije Universiteit (Amsterdam, The Netherlands). After 17 years he joined the New Drug Development Office (now part of INC Research), Europe’s foremost oncology Contract Research Organisation (Amsterdam, The Netherlands), gaining 12 years experience leading international drug discovery and development collaborations. In addition, he served in various drug development and drug evaluation committees of the EORTC, Cancer Research UK and US National Cancer Institute, and held for 8 years a position in the Executive Board of the EORTC Biological Therapeutics Development Group.
He established Hendriks Pharmaceutical Consulting January 2000, an independent consultancy company providing services to SMEs and biotechs in Oncology R&D. He is co-founder of the Cancer Drug Development Forum (CDDF, formerly knowns as Biot
He was successful in bringing the telomere targeting agent KML001 from early stage preclinical research to Phase I clinical studies (CCR 2008;14:4593-602) and is co-inventor of a US patent application (2009).
Postdoc Erasmus University, Rotterdam, 1983-1985
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, PhD Sciences, 1974–1981
Universiteit van Amsterdam, MSc Biology, 1968–1974
17 years academic research and teaching in Cell Biology and Immunology
12 years preclinical R&D at oncology CRO
since 2000 independent consultant
Areas of Expertise:
Non- and Early Clinical Development, R&D Strategies, Scientific and Medical Writing
Scientific and Medical Writing, R&D
- German company in bioinformatics and data analytics in cancer, 2016-present: abstracts, papers
- Finish preclinical CRO, 2017-present: assistance in writing reports, advice on internal projects, member Steering Group
- LibraMedicina, Inc. Japan, 2007-present: search potential licensees for anticancer drugs in preclinical stage
- Meeting Report CDDF Multi-stakeholder workshop on Impact of the Microbiome on Cancer Growth and Therapy, February 2019
- Meeting Report CDDF 10th Alpine Conference on Current and Future Challenges of Innovative Oncology Drugs Development, 2018
- Meeting Report on the CDDF Multi-stakeholder Workshop Innovation in Oncology Clinical Trial Design, 2017 and the subsequent paper 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctrv.2019.01.001
- Australian preclinical CRO, 2015-2016: report writing efficacy studies oncology drugs
- German biotech, 2015; modification Investigator's Brochure oncology drug
- German global Health company 2014: modification draft manuscript on research project and assistance non-clinical development future therapeutic agents
- Komipharm, Korea and Rephartox, The Netherlands, 2001-2007: design, execution and project management of discovery and preclinical development arsenic anticancer compound KML001: Clinical Cancer Research 2008;14:4593-602
Patent application PCT/US2009038104 - Method and Compositions for Treatment of Cancer
- Verweij J, Hendriks HR, Zwierzina H, on behalf of the Cancer Drug Development Forum. Innovation in Oncology Clinical Trial Design. Cancer Treatment Reviews 2019;74:15-20, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctrv.2019.01.001
- Peters GJ, Govaerts A-S, Hendriks HR, for the EORTC-PAMM group. The Role of Pharmacology in Anticancer Drug Development. ADMET & DMPK 2018;6:4-14
- Hendriks et al, Pharmacologically directed strategies in academic anticancer drug discovery based on the European NCI compounds inititative, British Journal of Cancer 2017;117:195-202
- Quandt et al, Implementing liquid biopsies into clinical decision making for cancer immunotherapy, Oncotarget 2017;8:48507-48520
- Phillips et al, Efficacy, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic evaluation of apaziquone in the treatment of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer, Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism &Toxicology 2017;13:783-791
- Hendriks HR. Preclinical drug development in oncology. Educational lecture, Finnish prclinical CRO, December 2019
- Hendriks HR. Drug development, after the NCI-compounds initiative. Educational course: preclinical and early-phase clinical pharmacology. 40th EORTC-PAMM Winter meeting, Verona, 6 February, 2019.
- Hendriks HR. New Types of Clinical Studies. Educational course: Preclinical and early-phase clinical pharmacology. 40th EORTC-PAMM Winter meeting, Verona, 6 February, 2019.
- Hendriks HR. Pharmacology directed strategies in anticancer drug development, a viable approach for academia? Turku Cancer Research Society & Western Cancer Centre FICAN West, Cancer Seminar Series, Turku, Finland, 4 September 2018.