Clinical Development, Interim Management, Medical Affairs
Managing Partner, Lycalis sprl
Deutsch, English, Français
Services offered worldwide
Call me: +32 494 578001
- CNS "all rounder", e.g., multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, cognition
- R2D/PoC to Phase III
- different platforms: small molecules, biologics, biosimilars
- strategy & execution for Phase IIIb/IV and line-extension
- publication planning
- support in dynamic periods of transition, challenge, or change
- support for building and shaping new functions
- evaluation of in-licensing opportunities
- due diligence
Dr. Christian Wolf is a co-founder and managing partner of Lycalis sprl, a Belgian limited company established in 2009.
Over the past 20 years, Dr. Wolf held project and line management positions at global pharmaceutical companies. In these roles, he led numerous early and late-stage clinical development programmes in CNS indications to decision points. He has been a principal investigator or member of steering committees for many clinical studies in the field of neurology covering a range of technological platforms including small molecules, therapeutic proteins, antibodies, and biosimilars.
Dr. Wolf's expertise comprises a range of CNS indications with most recent exposure to multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and cognitive disorders. Additional activities in ischemic stroke, bipolar disorders, and movement disorders complement his profile as a CNS "all-rounder".
Dr. Wolf managed MDs, scientists, and other development professionals in Europe and the US. Responsibilities included activities for blockbuster drugs such as Keppra® or Betaferon®. His track record includes also interaction with major regulatory agencies (EMA, FDA, BfArM, MHRA) and collaborative projects with North American and Japanese corporations.
As a consultant, Dr. Wolf has been retained by European and non-European companies as well as by authorities such as the European Commission's DG for Research and Innovation. Clients included top-5, mid-sized, start-up, and VC entities.
The scope of services comprised strategic consultancy and interim management in clinical development for small and complex molecules in neurological disorders.
Areas of Expertise
Business Development, Clinical Development, Due Diligence, Interim Management, Medical Affairs, R&D Strategies
Selection of current and past services delivered to clients:
- Biosimilar in multiple sclerosis, mid-sized pharma company, EU, 2010 – 2015
- Cognitive disorder, start-up company, EU, 2014
- Neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis, major pharma company, MENA region, 2014
- Liposomal drug delivery to the brain, start-up company, EU, 2014
- Follow-on compound in multiple sclerosis, mid-sized pharma company, EU, 2012 – 2013
- In-licencing of a biosimilar in multiple sclerosis, mid-sized pharma company, EU, 2012 – 2013
- Translational project in spinal-cord injury, bank, EU, 2011
Interim management at global level
- Fragile X syndrome Phase III, major pharma company, EFTA region, 2014 - 2015
- Multiple sclerosis Phase II, major pharma company, EFTA region, 2009 – 2010
Member of scientific Advisory Boards in the fields of neurology and neuro-ophthalmology
- Start-up company, EU, 2014
- Major pharma company, EFTA region, 2010 – 2012
- Mid-sized pharma company, EU, 2010 – 2012
Member of Study Steering Committees
- Long-term follow-up study, major pharma company, EFTA region, 2014 – 2015
- Global biosimilar study, mid-sized pharma company, EU, 2011 – 2015
Medical expertise in neurology, neuro-ophthalmology, and immunology
- Mid-sized pharma company, EU, 2014 – 2015
- Major pharma company, EFTA region, 2009 – 2014
Scientific intelligence in neurological indications
- Mid-sized pharma company, EU, 2012 – 2013
- Mid-sized pharma company, EU, 2012 – 2014
Coaching and training of employees in drug development and multiple sclerosis
- Major pharma company, EFTA region, 2012 – 2014
- Mid-sized pharma company, EU, 2013